Wood waste collection service
Community wood recycling offers a cost-effective and efficient collection service for all wood waste – nationwide.
Working with us will ensure that your waste is reused in the most environmentally beneficial way and will help us to create jobs for local people, so no matter where you are, what industry you are in or how much wood waste you generate, we can help.
Call 01273 20 30 40, email email@example.com or complete the box below to find out more about how community wood recycling can help you save cash and save resources.
Private and non-corporate customers should contact their local enterprise directly.
Read more about the advantages of using community wood recycling to collect your waste wood.
Download the Brochure
Advantages of the service
By using our collection service you can:
- Save money on your waste disposal costs: In most cases, we charge less than an 8yd3 skip, saving you money. And as we pack our vehicles really tightly, you don’t get the (up to 40%) void space that you might get when using skips… so you save again! You only pay for what we take away, so our service can work out to be 20% to 30% cheaper than using a typical builder’s skip. But don’t take our word for it, talk to some of our customers!
- Save valuable resources from the waste stream: We work hard to ensure that as much as possible of what we collect is reused, not just “downcycled” into woodchip – which is the very best that you can hope for if you put wood in a skip (even a segregated skip)! But even with skips, government estimates show that only around 50% of construction wood waste is being recycled at all, the rest potentially ending up in that horrible hole in the ground! We always find a use for 100% of what we collect. By pushing as much as possible up the waste hierarchy into reuse, and getting it back into the community for DIY or building projects, we also reduce the need for imported wood and the environmental impact of the felling, processing and transport associated with it.
- Help create jobs/training for disadvantaged people: As well as saving resources, we are committed to creating jobs, training and volunteering opportunities for local people who for some reason or another are marginalized from the labour market. All sorts of people get to work in our highly supportive but disciplined and customer-focussed social enterprises. We train them, help them to build their confidence and self-esteem and up-skill them – and If we can’t employ them within the enterprise, we’ll help them move on to other paid work, often in the “trades”. For many people, their time with community wood recycling can be a genuinely life-changing experience.
- Help fulfil CSR and Environmental Policy commitments: The construction industry is now at the forefront of sustainable working. Many firms now have strict recycling and environmental targets and we can help builders to meet them. We provide comprehensive reports on what happens to the waste we collect and the people we assist and can feed into a company’s Corporate Social Responsibility reports – helping them to evaluate and mitigate the social impacts of their operations. By engaging with us you can help “tick all the boxes” and make a real difference.
- Further engage with the communities in which you operate: By using us to collect waste timber, not only will you save money, you will be creating work, training and volunteering opportunities for people right on your doorstep! The benefits stay in the community in which you are working and you will gain from the positive perception of your company that local people will have.
- Become a beacon of good practice that can be copied by others your sector: If you do it, you can bet your life that it won’t take long for others in your industry to follow suit. You will be beating a path towards greater sustainability that others can follow, for the benefit of our environment and communities – and for your bottom line too!
- Gain good publicity that can be useful for marketing, tenders and staff motivation: More and more Tenders (especially in the Social Housing or Local Authority sector) require information around “sustainable working”. Using a highly effective reuse/recycling service that also creates local jobs is a powerful addition to your marketing… and might just separate you from your competition.
To use our service, call us on 01273 20 30 40.