Administration Manager – Job Description
Community Wood Recycling is a multi-award winning social enterprise founded in 2003. Our aims are to save resources and to create jobs and training opportunities for disadvantaged people.
We do this by setting up and supporting wood recycling social enterprises, based on the successful business model of the Brighton & Hove Wood Recycling Project. Now with more than 30 enterprises nationwide, we are the largest and most successful social franchise in the UK, increasing our positive impacts year by year.
We are seeking an experienced (you will probably have at least five years in a similar role) and highly motivated administrator/accounts person to take charge of administrating all the processes around our network members’ wood waste collection service. Our clients are household-name house builders and most of the largest construction companies in the UK.
The role is office based and full time.
Responsible to: General Manager
Location: We are based in central Brighton. We have strong covid-policies in place to keep our colleagues safe.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (time off in lieu is provided for overtime).
Probationary period: 4 months.
Salary: by negotiation.
Administration manager Main duties and responsibilities
- PO’s: Enter on our bespoke software; send to appropriate enterprise; obtain uplifts; manage order per collection clients; update contact info; update reporting requirements; deal with any resulting enquiries from clients/enterprises.
- Invoicing: Carry out pre-invoicing preparation; send invoices; carry out amendments/credit notes as necessary; create and send non-standard invoices; deal with any resulting enquiries.
- Credit control: Carry out credit checks on new clients; monitor invoice payment days and chase outstanding invoices; deal with any resulting enquiries.
- Statements: Prepare, check and send statements; deal with any resulting enquiries.
- Summaries: Create, check and send summaries from our online bespoke system; create, check and send Social & Environmental Impact Reports and other bespoke/ad hoc reports; deal with any resulting enquiries.
- Enterprise liaison: Liaise with enterprises on above matters.
- Assist the General Manager with and carry out other ad-hoc tasks as needed.
- Profound attention to detail
- Good IT skills and experience of cloud-based accounts and/or CRM packages
- Effective at chasing outstanding invoices
- Very good customer service skills
- Confident and persuasive communicator
- Good team player
- Good numeracy skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Awareness of key environmental issues
- Understanding of social enterprise/non-profit sector
Please send CV and covering letter to email@example.com.