The NCWRP is helping to set up and develop community wood recycling social enterprises.
Most enterprises carry a wide range of recycled wood for sale including:
- Softwood lengths - of all sizes/dimensions, including joists and scaffold boards, skirting boards, architraves and mouldings
- Floorboards/flooring – all sorts of widths and lengths, old pine and “engineered” flooring.
- Sheet materials - plywood, chipboard, OSB, MDF, laminated/veneered boards and more in a range of thickness and sheet sizes
- Doors – a wide range, including internal, external, hardwood, softwood, front, back, shed and cupboard doors in many different styles
- Window frames – a wide variety of styles
- Worktops and shelving - in hardwoods and “old pine”, cut to size
- Decking – hardwood and softwood
- Hardwoods – enterprises often have a stock of various hardwoods in various dimensions
- Wood for turners, sculpters, and carvers – lots of interesting pieces of hardwood
- Furniture – many enterprises carry a small stock of second hand wooden furniture
- Interesting items – great for the home or garden, they make unusual gifts
Enterprises can cut to size, plane, sand, finish (with wax, oil etc) and even assemble and install!
Many offer carpentry services, and a wide range of ready–made and bespoke wood products - all made with care, with recycled wood and with total respect for our precious resources and the environment.
Virtually anything can be made to your specifications, but typical products include:
- Planters, compost bins and bird/animal boxes
- Garden benches tables and chairs
- Shelving units
- Worktops/desk tops
- Trunks, linen/jewellery boxes
- Decking tiles
- Candle holders
To find your nearest community wood recycling social enterprise, simply click on quick links on the right, or scroll down the list below.