Recycle waste wood
Recycle your wood with Community Wood Recycling, save money and help the environment!
Buy reclaimed wood
Need wood for DIY projects? Want to buy unique, environmentally-friendly timber and furniture?
Buy reclaimed timber and products
Find your nearest enterprise to discover their range of DIY materials, handmade furniture, and more.
- We are delighted to have been named Wood Recycling Business of the Year at the Awards for Excellence in Recycling and Waste - a great achievement from everyone in the network.
- The Community Wood Recycling social franchise is celebrating its 20th anniversary. Set up in 1998, Brighton & Hove Wood Recycling Project has been saving resources and serving the community for two decades. Community wood recycling was set up to promote the concept around the country and now there are around 30 enterprises nationwide.
- Community Wood Recycling is a multi-award winning social enterprise committed to saving resources and creating jobs for disadvantaged people. We are looking for a Customer Account Manager to join our happy team based in our central Brighton office.
- We’ve been nominated again! We’re delighted that for the second year running we’ve received a nomination in the Awards for Excellence in Recycling and Waste Management.
- Kier Construction have been great supporters of our work, and we were delighted to get a mention in this article from their Environmental Adviser for Scotland and North East England, Claire Tait, along with a very welcome plug for the opportunities the industry has for women.
Opportunities for new wood recyclers
We are currently working with projects in Edinburgh, Leeds, Ashford (Kent) and Southend to set up new member enterprises which are scheduled to start trading before April 2019. We are now targeting Liverpool as the last major conurbation without a network member and we’re looking for someone to work with us in the city.
If you’re interested please get in touch!
We anticipate that this activity will take up all our available resources for the year, but if you would like to set up a project to start trading in the 2019/20 financial year, you can find out what’s involved here, and then contact us.